The following are included with every basic small business website project:
- Design and develop a new WordPress website,
- Five pages (+ $180 for each additional page).
- Premium, professional theme, with developer updates until the site is live.
- Automated backup to your website hosting account.
- Security to protect the site.
- Caching to improve speed.
- Premium social sharing app.
- Google Analytics & Google/webmaster setup and
customisationto enable you to see who is visiting your site.
- An email opt-in form linked to a FREE Mail Chimp account.
- Links back to your social accounts (if relevant).
- Original mockup design presented for approval prior to commencement.
- Two rounds of revisions after delivery after
- Specialist copy editing of
finalised, supplied content OR creation of original content with a particular focus on the target audience (please request a quote).
- Training to use your new baby, at my place or yours (please request a quote).
Monthlywebsite maintenance plan including secure external backup, theme, WordPress and plugin updates +$50 per month.
- Strategy session to get inside your head (value $150).
- Matching Facebook account covers (value $75).
- FREE Mail Chimp Account setup (value $75).
Basic websites starting from $2,000.
- Domain names from $12 per year
- Web hosting from $105 per year
- Security certificates from $60 per year
- Research/copywriting of original material – please request a quote.
- Additional functionality
- on-line shop from +$1,000
- booking system from +$1,000
- event management system from +$1,000
- membership system from +$1,000
WEBSITE PROJECT ENQUIRY FORM
If you’d like to take the next step towards website fabulousness with yours truly by your side, please take a minute to fill out my website project enquiry form, so that you can get me up to speed.
- Project Management
- Web Strategy/User Interface/User Experience Architect
- Web Design
- Web Development/Programming
In an agency or corporate environment, these roles would be assumed by different people or teams of people who do only that.
For most small businesses, agency pricing would blow the budget sky high, so what’s the alternative ?
A small business specialist
You obviously need someone who can do all these things (or has people who can do those things for them) but
I’m not suggesting you think small, you should think HUGE and make sure that anyone who is advising you, has the tools to help you get there.
But how do you know if they do ? How do you know if you’re talking the right person ?
For a start, are they listening ?
80% of my clients report having previously felt enormous frustration at not being listened to and having trouble getting hold of their “website person”.
Are you their target market ?
My niche is small business owners who are inexperienced at web development. I don’t work for big business because I don’t want to. My skills in each of the key areas required to produce a website, are at
Are they the cheapest price you could find ?
If so, step away, then run. We all want to save money, but in a small business there are heaps of things you can save money on, that won’t compromise the overall result of a website. Use the cheapest domain name provider you can find, the most cost effective hosting provider that offers a reliable 24/7 helpdesk and the most reasonably priced fonts and images available.
Why should I spend more money than I have to ?
A professional theme, the best copywriter you can afford and an organised and efficient designer to put it all together will get you a long way towards your dream of a website you love.